Lobo Champions Council
The Lobo Champions Council was established by the Lobo Club in August of 2012 in an effort to help the University of New Mexico to consistently compete for Conference and National Championships through major gifts to UNM Athletics. The Lobo Champions Council is the most elite group of supporters for Lobo Athletics who have made an enduring impact on UNM Athletics through their philanthropic generosity. Currently, this exclusive society has 40 members who have collectively contributed over $18 million.
How can I become a member?
Membership in the Lobo Champions Council is earned through three types of commitments:
- Cash Pledges
- Donations of $50,000 or more (gifts can be paid over a five-year pledge period) to a Lobo Athletics facility or special priority
- Lobo Scholarship Fund gifts (tied to tickets and parking benefits) are not eligible for membership.
- Donations of goods or services valued at $50,000 or more for a Lobo Athletics facility or special project.
- Irrevocable, documented commitments of $500,000 or more to Lobo Athletics
- These may be directed toward any area of Athletics (including Lobo Scholarship Fund).
Lifetime membership is available after total UNM Athletics giving has exceeded $1 million cash or $3 million estate giving.
What are the benefits of membership?
The benefits of the Lobo Champions Council include:
- Insider information
- Exclusive invitation to the Lobo Champions Council Annual Summit, which features an elegant dinner and social with athletic administrators, coaches, and former student-athletes in Albuquerque.
- Exclusive invitation to the Vegas Gala during the Mountain West Basketball Championships in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Private tours of Athletic facilities.
- The opportunity to travel with the football team to an away competition.
- The opportunity to receive up to two Lobo Champions Council jackets that cannot be purchased in stores.
- Naming rights for facilities (if applicable and pending approval from the Board of Regents).
- 500 bonus points for the Loyalty Points Program.
Terms of membership:
Membership in the Lobo Champions council is active for five years from the date of the first qualifying investment or the founding of the Council (August 2012), whichever came first. Memberships may be renewed through additional future investments during or after your five-year term has expired.
For more information, please contact:
The Lobo Club